Put down the remote and get back in touch with your intellectual side this year with these top-rated page-turners.
- The Circle by Dave Eggers
Now a major motion picture starring Emma Watson and Tom Hanks, this novel follows the terrifying story of a tech giant in the not-so-distant future. Welcome to a world with zero privacy in the quest for total transparency.
- Istanbul: A Tale of Three Cities by Bettany Hughes
Get an in depth look at ancient cities from history expert Bettany Hughes.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story by Alexander Freed
Experience the thrill of your favorite sci-fi space opera through the eyes of author Alexander Freed and his nuanced details of a galaxy far, far away.
- A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms by George R. R. Martin
Discover the prequel to the hit show in this epic tale of lords and ladies who reigned over Westeros a century before Game of Thrones.
- The Simple Path to Wealth: Your road map to financial independence and a rich, free life by J.L. Collins
With a new tax season before us, a few sensible tips from personal finance expert J.L. Collins is just what you need for a year filled with happiness and prosperity.
- As You Wish. Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes
For fans of the cult classic, get ready to fall in love with your favorite characters from the movie all over again.
- I’ll Take You There by Wally Lamb
A master of character-driven drama, Wally Lamb gives us a provocative tale about a film professor who is haunted by the ghost of Lois Weber, a movie star from the silent film era.
- Scott Pilgrim, Volume 2: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World by Bryan Lee O’Malley
Get ready for another round of evil exes, arcade style combat, and art-punk rock outs in the highly anticipated sequel.
- The Night Manager by John le Carre
A chilling tale of modern mercenaries at their worst, John le Carre‘s suspense novel is now an 8-part miniseries starring Hugh Laurie and Golden Globe winner Tom Hiddleston.
- In the Country We Love: My Family Divided by Michelle Burford and Diane Guerrero
Follow the struggles of undocumented immigrants through the eyes of Diane Guerrero, star of Orange is the New Black.
- Severed: A History of Heads Lost and Heads Found by Frances Larson
This creepy but informative non-fiction book is a guilty pleasure for history geeks.
- The Man with the Golden Typewriter: Ian Fleming’s Bond Letters by Fergus Fleming
A must-read for Bond fans, discover the author behind the legendary spy novels that started the worldwide phenomenon.
- Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson
If life has given you lemons, turn it into lemonade with this wickedly funny non-fiction book full of unbelievably awful but hilarious antidotes.
- The Voices in Our Heads by Jerome Groopman
Author Jerome Groopman shows us how to quiet the mind for the better and the science behind it.
- Labyrinths by Catrine Clay
Discover the genius of Carl Jung’s wife Emma, who endured his chronic unfaithfulness and went on to become an accomplished psychoanalyst.
- The Terranauts by T.C. Boyle
Take a ride into a dystopia of the future in a sci-fi novel about a simulated Earth and its closely monitored inhabitants.
- Judas by Amos Oz
This intellectual novel uses the story of a young Jewish scholar and an elderly intellectual in 1960s Israel to explore themes of Israel’s statehood, the origins of Christianity, social reform, and grief.