10 of The Best Galaxy S8 Specs
Owners of Samsung’s latest flagship device are raving about its groundbreaking new features. Discover the highlights of your shiny new gadget and simple ways to use its hidden functions.
1. HDR Infinity Screen
Enjoy the stunning, clear screen of the world’s first edge-to-edge smartphone display featuring a SUPER AMOLED screen and a resolution of 2960 x 1440.
2. Extra Wide Screen Display
Compared to the larger smartphones, the Galaxy S8 screen features an extra wide 18:5:9 aspect ratio, which gives users more screen space without requiring both hands to control the phone.
3. Advanced Camera
Take impressive selfies with the advanced front facing camera featuring a 12-megapixel Dual Pixel lens.
- Hidden Feature –The Bixby Button is embedded into the camera, which helps you understand what you’re viewing.
- Hot To Use – Tap the Vision icon in the viewfinder and Bixby will verify the images by using code detection or landmark recognition.
4. Bixby Button
Enjoy the benefits of a hands free iPhone with voice command, which features an intelligent interface that learns your daily habits for a more efficient and streamlined smartphone experience.
5. Battery Life
Containing a 3000-mAh/3500-mAh battery on the S8 and S8+, the talk time lasts 30 - 34 hours, depending on factors such as network configuration and settings.
6. Faster Processor
With a next-generation 10nm processor, the Galaxy S8/8+ is much more streamlined and efficient than the older models.
7. IP68 Rating
The Galaxy S8/S8+ is water resistant to a maximum depth of 1.5m for up to 30 minutes. The screen is also protected from dust, dirt, and sand.
8. High Tech Security Features
Embedded with a finger scanner and iris recognition software, the Galaxy S8 offers advanced security options.
- Hidden Feature – Skip the lock screen by pressing the home button while the screen is off.
- Expert Tip: Customize the navigation bar by choosing a color than stands out.
- Expert Tip: Adjust your home button to make it more or less sensitive to pressure.
9. DeX Dock
Turn your S8 into a mini desktop PC by hooking up the DeX function to a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
10. Samsung Connect
Built into your S8, this function allows you to control your smart home devices from your phone.
Armed with the most advanced smartphone available, optimize the best new features of the Galaxy S8 and take on the day with confidence.